Yoga assisted or performed with another yogi.
Whether you’re just getting started or have lots of experience, YOGADARSHANAM has classes at every level, in a diverse range of styles.
Partner yoga is similar to a regular yoga class, but the yoga poses are practiced by 2 people who help and guide each other into the pose through physical touch. This includes flow sequence like a playful dance, along with static and dynamic postures. Through this fun and connected series, you will learn to strengthen and amplify your practice by creating a greater sense of awareness in your own body.
Your muscles can relax and stretch while your partner’s resistance help your limbs stay in the pose. With your partner’s help, you’ll be able to try new poses and find deeper expressions of familiar poses.
For as many times as you stumble, you have just as many opportunities to try again.
- Improves focus and self-awareness: Focus and concentration are required to perform different postures without any injury. You will not want to let down your partner (physically and emotionally) and thus you will be more focused and aware of what you are doing.
- Increases trust and communication: Partner yoga requires cooperation. As you learn to trust your partner, you are also able to trust yourself. If both partners are able to listen (verbal and nonverbal) and communication during challenging yoga poses, then these skills can transfer over daily life situations.
- Supports to deepen your Yoga practice: Partner yoga encourages you to focus on the execution and alignment of the posture. Your partner can help you with self-adjustments, as it’ll be easier to know where things are off and give necessary feedback.
- Reduces stress and anxiety: Partner yoga can be more effective as you are able to create a powerful connection with your loved one or friend, which helps you forget about day-to-day stress life. Practicing with a partner also brings the aspect of touch, which reduces stress and anxiety as it makes you feel loved, nurtured, supported, and cared for.
There are vast benefits additional to this. All you need is to explore them.
Partner Yoga can be for everyone when practiced appropriately; just have to make sure if any injuries or medical conditions you have. Most partner poses are unexpectedly accessible, no matter your age or size.
- Partner yoga can simply be sitting back-to-back with your partner and breathing. It can be meditative. It can be dynamic too.
- If you are completely new to partner yoga, take time to build strength, stability and flexibility in order to grow in the practice. Remember, in any form of yoga, there is no competition.
Learn the basics of Partner Yoga by using gravity and the weight of your flyer/partner to help ease tensions and increase flexibility. You will take away positive memories and experiences from Yogadarshanam.